Subject: Invitation – Workshop on Regional Finance Models for Energy Efficiency and Housing Renovation/Retrofitting | 6 May, Vilnius
From: Katia Alarcón <[email-masked]>
To: "vana RAM Info"
Date: Mon, 7 Apr 2025 17:23:37 +0300

Tähelepanu! Tegemist on välisvõrgust saabunud kirjaga.
Tundmatu saatja korral palume linke ja faile mitte avada.

Tähelepanu! Tegemist on välisvõrgust saabunud kirjaga.
Tundmatu saatja korral palume linke ja faile mitte avada.

Dear Finance Ministry team,

As part of the NetZeroCities  <https://netzerocities.eu/> (NZC) and 
Turnaround money II 
<https://www.fair-finance-institute.de/en/projekt/turnaround-money-ii/> 
programmes, we are pleased to invite you to our regional-level workshop 
taking place during the Cities Mission Conference 2025 
<https://netzerocities.eu/cities-mission-conference/>  in Vilnius:

Rethinking Municipal Finance: Regional Finance Models for Energy Efficiency 
and Housing Renovation
Date: 6 May 2025
Time: 11:00–15:30 (EEST)
Location: LITEXPO Conference Centre, Vilnius, Lithuania

This workshop will focus on the specific challenges and opportunities in the 
Baltic region—Lithuania, Latvia, and Estonia—when it comes to scaling up 
energy-efficient renovation of residential buildings. It will bring together 
representatives from ministries, municipalities, financial institutions, and 
expert organisations from all three countries.

In light of the revised Energy Performance of Buildings Directive (EPBD) and 
broader EU climate targets, the pressure to accelerate renovation efforts is 
increasing. At the same time, shared structural issues—such as ageing 
housing stock, fragmented ownership, and limited local capacity—make 
regional coordination more important than ever.
This event will explore the potential for a regional financing model that 
supports municipalities, streamlines access to funding, and complements 
national efforts without adding complexity or overlap.

The workshop will be interactive, with breakout discussions and targeted 
contributions, a concept note and draft agenda are attached for more 
information. If you have any questions or would like to discuss the workshop 
in more detail, we would be happy to arrange a short call.

Lastly, we truly believe your institution and expertise will bring crucial 
insights to this discussion, and we would be delighted to welcome you in 
Vilnius.

Best regards,
Katia Alarcon

-- 

 <https://iclei-europe.org/>
	Katia Alarcón (she/her)
Expert, Governance Innovation
ICLEI European Secretariat
Leopoldring 3  ●  79098 Freiburg  ●  Germany
Telephone +49-(0)761-368920  ●  Email  <mailto:[email-masked]> 
[email-masked]
Web <https://iclei-europe.org/>  | Twitter <https://x.com/ICLEI_Europe>  | 
YouTube <https://www.youtube.com/user/icleieurope>

Endorse the Aalborg Conditions! 
<https://iclei-europe.org/endorse-the-aalborg-conditions/>

ICLEI – Local Governments for Sustainability is a global network working 
with more than 2500 local and regional governments committed to sustainable 
urban development. Active in 125+ countries, we influence sustainability 
policy and drive local action for low emission, nature-based, equitable, 
resilient and circular development.

ICLEI European Secretariat GmbH
GF Wolfgang Teubner
HRB 4188 Freiburg i. Br.